IBM Reviews
Last week I bought an Hp printer for home usage. Like an excited kid I opened the packing to set-up and install the printer with my IBM desktop. I read the user-manual so as to avoid any hassle.

I was confident in doing so on my own as I had read that Windows 7 has an automatic printer configuration mechanism. I just plugged the USB printer-head into computer and turned on the machine. Then I restarted the system.

What happened next jolted me. An error popped up with the numeric code “Win 7 Printer Problems 0x0000007b and 0x00000002”, I did it again, and it happened again.

I was doing absolutely as per the manual, and there was nothing wrong in the process. So I thought of calling IBM Support to fix the problem. I surfed for a while and got the IBM number which was luckily toll-free. Next moment, I was in touch with an IBM expert.

After collecting some basic system information a technician took the remote access of my desktop to check the problem. He told me that there is some conflict with the printer driver, and the one which I had installed is not compatible with Windows 7.

Later he found a suitable one and installed it. He setup and configured the printer. He also sent an article on how to share printer on the home network.

The troubleshooting hardly took 5-10 minutes; I was surprised with the IBM reviews expertise, and thanked him a lot for the timely help.

Comments (3)

On 7 December 2011 at 06:53 , Mac said...

Have he tried to install win7 update for the printer?

best printer Boston

 
On 28 December 2011 at 09:47 , stephenCollines said...

I just connect a USB-printer-head in the computer and included a car. Then I reboot.

scrapbook supplies

 
On 21 March 2012 at 07:54 , Bryan said...

Very informative post.