After taking a brief Compaq review, I finally narrowed down myself to Compaq Presario laptop. It is good on part of portability and performance with accentuated graphic features. Its 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth features are enough to keep me connected with the home network. Though, it’s a bit low on the battery performance, as boasted on the site ‘up to 10 hrs’.

But overall I was quite happy with my decision.All was going smooth for couple of months till I struck the mayhem. Actually, I installed a printer driver on the machine and was trying to setup and configure my hp printer device with the laptop. It didn’t respond at all. I tried by un-plugging and re-plugging cables, even restored my laptop to previous configuration but all was hogwash, and I landed nowhere. What happened next was really like falling into fire from a frying pan. I restarted the machine, and the whole screen turned blue. Literally, I was scared.

Suddenly, I recalled Compaq Number , which was available with my son’s mobile. With no delay I took the charge to resolve the issue. I contacted Compaq support , and fortunately a technician entertained me. He instructed me to start the laptop in the safe mode, and later took the remote access of the system. After diagnostics he found the printer driver was a fake one, and was actually a payload for virus and malware. He then removed those from the machine, and installed a genuine printer driver.

And within 10 minutes, the problem was fixed, and the printer was connected. Now, it was responding well, I took a print-test to ensure, and did payment for the service.

It was a great technical help I ever had.

Comments (0)